Jordanian and foreign governments charge additional taxes and fees for international travel. International fares do not include government-imposed taxes/fees. Taxes and fees are subject to change at the discretion of each country’s government and may be adjusted for inflation and/or currency fluctuation. You may be required to pay taxes or fees not already collected.
- Before carriage, you will pay to us the total amount of all applicable taxes, fees and charges imposed on us by a government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport, which we are obliged to collect from you or to pay in respect of your carriage.
- When you purchase your Ticket, we will advise you of all taxes, fees and charges not included in the fare, most of which normally will be shown separately on the Ticket. Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are outside our control and are constantly changing and can be imposed or changed after the date your Ticket has been purchased. If a tax, fee or charge is imposed or increased after your Ticket has been purchased, you must pay to us any such tax, fee or charge, or any such increase before carriage.
- If your Ticket has been purchased from our Authorized Agent and such Authorized Agent omitted to give details of all applicable taxes, fees and charges, with the result no, or insufficient, payment has been made for such taxes, fees and charges, you must pay the relevant amount at the airport of departure before you will be entitled to carriage.
- If any tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced and becomes no longer applicable to all or part of your carriage, a refund can be claimed in respect of any such tax, fee or charge which has been paid. Please ask us or our Authorized Agent for details of how to claim such refund.
- If you do not use your Ticket, you will be entitled to claim a refund of any taxes, fees or charges you have paid, less any applicable administration fee(s) if your Ticket is subject to restrictions. Please ask us or our Authorized Agent for details of how to claim such refund.
- Surcharges in exceptional circumstances
- In exceptional circumstances, charges may be imposed on us by third parties, which are of a type or amount not normally applicable to our operations (for example, insurance premium supplements or additional security costs triggered by unlawful interference with civil aviation). In addition, we may be subjected to significant increases in operational costs (for example, fuel charges) caused by exceptional circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, you will be required to pay to us, as fare surcharges, all such charges attributed by us to your carriage (even if such exceptional circumstances surcharges are imposed after the issuance date of your Ticket). We will contact you with details of any applicable fare surcharges as soon as possible. If we are unable to establish contact using your contact details, we will advise you of any applicable fare surcharge at check-in. You are free to choose not to pay a fare surcharge and receive an involuntary refund of your Ticket in accordance with the provisions of Article 10.2, in which case we will have no other liability to you.
- If any exceptional circumstances surcharge ceases to apply to all or part of your carriage, or a lesser amount is due, a refund can be claimed in respect of any such surcharge which has been paid. Please ask us or our Authorised Agent for details of how to claim such refund.
- Fares, taxes, fees, charges and exceptional circumstances surcharges are payable in the currency of the country in which the carriage commences, converted to the currency of the country of payment (if different) at the applicable Banker"s Selling Rate in effect on the date payment is made, unless we or our Authorised Agent require payment in a different currency (for example, because of the non-convertibility of the local currency). We may at our discretion, accept payment in any currency, subject to applicable local law.
- When you pay through credit card, Your credit card issuer bank may charge You for currency conversion. We do not receive any amounts of such charges and therefore You acknowledge that We shall not be responsible for any such charges. You will be fully responsible for the payment of any amounts which may occur as a result of currency conversion or discrepancy.
- For online bookings
- Out of AMM: 10 JOD (Except AMM-AQJ = Zero)
- Out of AQJ: 10 JOD (Except AQJ-AMM = Zero)
- All European Countries 10:00 Euros , Except London
- USA & Canada = 15.00 $
- UAE : 50 AED
- For offline bookings Service fees might be collected and they vary per destination and class
Up to 10% of the published available adult fare plus international taxes and any surcharges. Taxes and surcharges are not discounted
We are pleased to announce our new and simpler policy for checked luggage, based on the piece concept instead of the weight concept. The new policy will be effective for ticketing on October 15, 2014, for travel as of November 2, 2014 to all RJ destinations.
Two pieces, the weight of the first is up to 30kg and the weight of the second is up to 23kg.The sum of the three dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158cm/62 inches
One piece, with a weight up to 30kg.
The sum of the three dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158cm (62 inches).
One piece with a maximum weight of 10 kg/22 lbs the sum of the 3 dimensions must not exceed 115cm/45 inches, and a carry-on fully-collapsible child stroller/push-chair, or infant carrying basket or infant car seat, which may be carried in the passenger cabin subject to the availability of space.
the same baggage allowance as passengers paying full adult fare.
Two pieces the sum of the 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm/62 inches weight of any piece maximum 32 kg/70 lbs., provided that the addition of such two sums shall not exceed 273 cm/107 inches.
- For the 3rd piece of luggage weighing 32 kg/70 lbs., the excess charge will be $175 USD.
- For the 4th and 5th pieces of luggage weighing 32 kg/70 lbs., the excess baggage fee will be $250 USD.
- For additional luggage from 6th piece and above, weighing up to 32 kg/70 lbs., the excess baggage fee is $400 USD per piece.
Two pieces the sum of 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm/62 inches weight of any piece maximum 23 kg/50 lbs.
- Bags weighing between 23 kg/50 lbs. and 32 kg/70 lbs., the excess weight charge will be $100 USD per bag.
- For the 3rd piece of luggage weighing 23 kg/50 lbs. the excess charge will be $175 USD.
- For the 4th and 5th pieces of luggage weighing up to 23 kg/50 lbs., the excess baggage fee will be $250 USD per piece.
- For additional luggage from 6th piece and above, weighing up to 23 kg/50 lbs., the excess baggage fee is $400 USD per piece.
one piece of checked luggage, the sum of the 3 dimensions must not exceed 115 cm/45 inches at 23 kg/50 lbs.
the same baggage allowance as passengers paying full adult fare.
Two pieces, the weight of each is up to 32kg. The sum of the 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm/ 62 inches.
Two pieces, the weight of each is up to 23kg. The sum of the 3 dimensions of one piece must not exceed 158 cm / 62 inches.
One piece with a maximum weight of 10 kg/22 lbs, the sum of the 3 dimensions must not exceed 115cm/45 inches, and a carry-on fully-collapsible child stroller/push-chair, or infant carrying basket or infant car seat, which may be carried in the passenger cabin subject to the availability of space.
the same baggage allowance as passengers paying full adult fare.
Changes for the additional piece should be at max 23 KG for both Crown & Economy classes.
First additional piece up to 23kg
|*United Kingdom 80 GBP. |
**From/to Australia, 200 USD applies for any additional piece of 23KGs.
Further additional piece(s) up to 23kg
|*United Kingdom 125 GBP. |
**From/to Australia, 300 USD applies for any additional piece of 23KGs.
Additional Charges for each piece if more than 23kg, up to 32kg
|*From/to UK, 40 GBP applies for any additional weight from 23KGs to 32KGs |
**From/to Australia, 50 USD applies for any additional weight from 23KGs to 32KGs.
Sports equipment and musical instruments can be carried as part of the free baggage allowance and excess rates will be applied when the free baggage allowance is exceeded. Some of the more commonly carried items are:
Snow / Water Ski
You can carry one set of snow/water skiing equipment as part of your checked baggage allowance consisting of:
- One pair of skis, one pair of ski poles, one pair of boots.
- One snow board, one pair of boots.
- Sleeping bag, bedroll.
- Duffel bag.
Any excess weight resulting from such inclusion is considered as excess baggage and a charge is applied accordingly.
You can carry, as part of your checked baggage allowance, one golf bag and one pair of golf shoes the overall weight of which is under 15 kgs/33 lbs. Any excess weight is considered as excess baggage and a charge is applied accordingly.
Scuba Diving Equipment
You can carry, as part of your checked baggage allowance, one empty cylinder, one regulator buoyancy control jacket, mask, pressure gauge, one set of fins, one spear gun, snorkel and divers knife. Any excess weight is considered as excess baggage and a charge is applied accordingly.
You can carry your bicycle as part of your checked baggage allowance provided the handlebars are turned sideways, the pedals removed, and placed in a sturdy cardboard container.
If your bicycle’s weight exceeds your free baggage allowance, an excess baggage charge will be applied accordingly.
Surfboard and Windsurfing Equipment
Surfboards/Windsurfing equipment shall NOT be included in the free checked baggage allowance and shall be assessed as excess baggage charges.
Small musical instruments may be carried on-board the aircraft providing they meet existing carry-on size requirements and fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. Case dimensions may not exceed 115 cms/45 inches (width+length+height), except for guitars which may be brought on board only if they can be safely stowed in an overhead bin or approved stowage location in the cabin. The instrument is considered the passenger's one allowed carry-on bag. A personal item is allowed in addition to the instrument.
If an instrument is too large to fit in the carry-on baggage space, an additional seat may be purchased. In this case, an instrument must travel in a window, bulkhead seat, with the customer in the adjoining seat.
Instruments may also be transported as checked baggage. However, due to their fragile nature RJ does not accept liability for damages and has limited liability for loss. RJ is also not liable for any damage to checked musical instruments not presented in a hard-sided case. If the outside of the hard-sided case does not have visible damage, RJ is not liable for any damage to the musical instrument inside the case.
Will be carried free of charge for passengers with reduced mobility and are not counted against your free baggage allowance. Limited stowage space in the cabin may require these items to be stowed in the hold and returned to the passenger in the baggage delivery hall at their destination.
The maximum weight of any piece of checked baggage on all RJ flights is 32 kgs/70 lbs. RJ will no longer accept a single piece of baggage exceeding this limit, with the exception of special baggage (sporting equipment, musical instruments, wheelchairs, pets, etc.) that it is advised of at the time of booking.
Wheelchairs and Assistive Devices will be carried free of charge for Passenger with special needs.
- Upon issuance of the UM ticket a service charge will be applicable for UM travel as follows (each way):
- Travel from/to RJ online stations USD60 (sixty) or equivalent Service Charge will apply.
- Travel from/to USA and Canada: USD60 (sixty) or equivalent Service Charge will apply.
- Travel to points beyond RJ gateways in USA and Canada (applicable only to UM aged between 12-15 years):
- USD100 (hundred) or equivalent Service Charge will apply.
- Piece Concept charges for the carriage of accompanied pets shall be:
- Twice the amount of the normal excess baggage charges for ONE extra piece not to exceed 32 KG or 70 LB and the sum of the 3 dimensions not to exceed 203 cm or 80 inches.
- If the total dimensions exceed 203 cm or 80 inches or the weight of the kennel and the pet 32 KG or 70 LB:
- Three times the normal excess baggage charges for the first 45 KG or 100 LB
- Thereafter, for each additional 10 KG or 25 LB one additional excess baggage charge shall be levied
Royal Jordanian as other carriers may accept for transportation in the cabin or cargo hold without charge:
- A trained dog to lead the blind, when it accompanies a passenger with impaired vision dependent upon such dog.
- A trained dog to assist the deaf, when it accompanies a passenger with impaired hearing dependent upon such dog; provided that such passenger's impaired hearing shall be evidenced by a medical certificate.
- The dog when properly harnessed may be permitted to accompany such passenger into the cabin but shall not be permitted to occupy a seat.
- For travel to and from the USA, service animal rules are dictated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT) and are in accordance to the American Disability Act (ADA) as described on CRF-382 for more detailed information please click on the following link: http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov
- Reservation change/cancel – Vary depending on destination, class of travel
- Change fees are in addition to any difference between the original and new fare.
- American Airlines
- For more information refer to your GDS or contact Royal Jordanian airline at + 962 6 5100000