His Excellency Mr. Suleiman Al Hafez assumed the position of the Chairman of Royal Jordanian's Board of Directors as of November 2, 2014. He was elected by the board members after the government appointed him as its representative in the RJ Board of Directors.
Mr. Suleiman Hafez has more than 45 years of experience in public and private sectors. He was the General Secretary of the Ministry of Finance at the time the government started to apply the economy transformation plan in 1990.
He was minister of finance, of telecommunications, of energy and mineral resources and of finance twice. He was the chairman of many companies and official entities, including the Board of Commissioners of the Electricity Regulatory Commission, the Board of Directors of the Jordan Telecommunications Company, the Arab Potash Company, the KEMAPCO Fertilizers Company, Jordan Bromine Company, the Free Zone Association and the Jordan Establishment for Investment.
His Excellency Mr. Hafez was a member in the RJ Board of Directors for eight years. He was also a member in the Board of Directors of many entities, including the Jordanian Electric Power Authority, the Social Security Corporation, the Orphans Funds Development Organization, the Agricultural Credit Corporation, the Arab Engineering Industries, the Civil Aviation Authority, the Jordan Cement Company, the Jordan Phosphate Mines Company, the Arab African International Bank, the Arab Authority for Agricultural Investment & Development.
He also held the position of governor of the International Monetary Fund, and deputy of the governor of the Islamic Development Bank in Jeddah, as well as deputy of the governor of the Arab Monetary Fund.
Hafez was the head of the Jordanian delegation to the Paris Club. He was also finance manager and the executive assistant to the CEO of the Jordan Cement Company, and the Jordan Telecommunications Organization, a consultant at the Petra Bank Committee (under liquidation), and a member in the Ministerial Committee for Privatization.
He was also a member in the Ministerial Development Committee and in the Royal Committee for Development, and he is currently the Chairman of the Social Security Investment Fund.
- His Excellency Dr. Nofan Mansour Ajarmah | President of Legislation and Opinion Bureau – Prime MinistryQualifications:
PhD in Public Law / Ain Shams University / Egypt in 2004.
Master in Public Law / University of Al-Albayt in 1997.
Bachelor of Law/ Mu’tah University in 1990.
The most important previous positions held:
President of the Legislation and Opinion Bureau 30/6 / 2013- to date.
Acting President of the Ombudsman Bureau 31/12 / 2014- 18/10/2015.
Minister of Prime Ministry Affairs from 2012 to 2013.
Minister of Political Development in 2012.
Associate Professor in Public Law - Faculty of Law/ The University of Jordan.
Lawyer and legal adviser.
- Mr. Bassem Al-Salem currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Capital Bank which he co-founded in 1995.Al-Salem’s role as a chairman provides diverse experience in creating business value strategically, operationally and financially. He also currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of King’s Academy in Jordan. Prior to that, he founded and managed a number of companies in Jordan, mainly in the industrial sector. Al-Salem also has an extensive record of public service that spans over 12 years starting as a Member of the Board of the Central Bank of Jordan in the year 2000 and as the Minister of Labor, Minister of Finance, and a Senator in the Upper House of the Jordanian Parliament. Today, Al-Salem continues to serve on the boards of several organizations in the private and public sectors such as Queen Rania Foundation and University of Jordan. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College – UK.
- By Royal Decree, H.E. Dr. Ezzedine Kanakrieh was appointed as Secretary-General of the Ministry of Finance for the second time on June 5th, 2014 where he held the same position during the period 2007-2012
Dr. Kanakrieh worked as Director General of the Income and Sales Tax Department in March 2012. Afterwards, he decided to be full-time academic lecturer in Jordanian universities as well as to write economic and financial research papers and newspaper articles. Subsequently, he was appointed as Commissioner of the Jordan Securities Commission during the period 2012-2014.
Dr. Kanakrieh held several positions at the Ministry of Finance during the period 1986-2007, the most significant of these were the posts of Assistant Secretary General and Director of the Cash Management Directorate at the Ministry. Moreover, he represented the Ministry of Finance in several companies and organizations in different capacities in the board of directors and its official committees. Besides, Dr. Kanakrieh participated mainly in drawing economic and financial policies as well as implementing important programs on the national and international levels.
He holds a Ph.D. degree in Finance from Amman Arab University for Higher Studies in 2010. A master's degree in Accounting and Financial Sciences from the Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences/Amman in 1997, and a bachelor's degree in economics from Yarmouk University in 1984.
In 2007, Dr. Kanakrieh was honored with the Independence Medal of the Second Class in recognition of his efforts and his service in the public sector.
- Member of the 25th house of Senate.
Director Food services Royal Jordanian from 1980 till1982.
Chairman for the Dead Sea Hotels from 1990 till Present.
Chairman for the MINA Hotels from 1990 till Present.
Chairman for the Jordan Hotel Association from 1988 till Present.
Chairman for the Federation of Tourism Associations from 2004 till Present.
Vice Chairman and board member for the Jordan Tourism Board from 2004 till Present.
Founder and Member of the Jordanian Applied University board of trustees from 1996 till Present.
- With a background in management, Mr. Bdeir was appointed to Royal Jordanian's Board of Directors in 2008. He is the current General Manager of Best Dimension Investment Co., and a Director of the General Mining Co., and a former board member of Jordan Investment Board. He received a BS in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University (USA), and an MS in Engineering Management from the American University of Beirut.