Said Darwazeh has chaired the Royal Jordanian Board of Directors since June 21, 2016, after he was appointed a representative of the Government Shareholdings’ Management Company in RJ’s Board of Directors on June 19, 2016.
Said Darwazeh is currently the CEO and Chairman of Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC. Between 2003 and 2006, he was the Minister of Health, Jordan.
He is also the Chairman of the Board of the Queen Rania Foundation, which focuses primarily on providing youth with learning opportunities and equipping them with the necessary tools for success such as ICT in education and online learning opportunities.
He is a board member of the Central Bank of Jordan and a member of the Board of Trustees at Babson College in the USA, and the American University of Beirut (AUB), where he also co-founded the Samih Darwazah Center for Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship.
Darwazeh also founded the "Health Care Accreditation Council " in Amman, a not-for-profit organization that accredits healthcare providers and works across the region to improve standards in healthcare.
Said Darwazeh has a B.Sc. degree in industrial engineering from Purdue University in the USA and an MBA from INSEAD, France.
- His Excellency Dr. Nofan Mansour Ajarmah | President of Legislation and Opinion Bureau – Prime MinistryQualifications:
PhD in Public Law / Ain Shams University / Egypt in 2004.
Master in Public Law / University of Al-Albayt in 1997.
Bachelor of Law/ Mu’tah University in 1990.
The most important previous positions held:
President of the Legislation and Opinion Bureau 30/6 / 2013- to date.
Acting President of the Ombudsman Bureau 31/12 / 2014- 18/10/2015.
Minister of Prime Ministry Affairs from 2012 to 2013.
Minister of Political Development in 2012.
Associate Professor in Public Law - Faculty of Law/ The University of Jordan.
Lawyer and legal adviser.
- Mr. Bassem Al-Salem currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Capital Bank which he co-founded in 1995.Al-Salem’s role as a chairman provides diverse experience in creating business value strategically, operationally and financially. He also currently serves as the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of King’s Academy in Jordan. Prior to that, he founded and managed a number of companies in Jordan, mainly in the industrial sector. Al-Salem also has an extensive record of public service that spans over 12 years starting as a Member of the Board of the Central Bank of Jordan in the year 2000 and as the Minister of Labor, Minister of Finance, and a Senator in the Upper House of the Jordanian Parliament. Today, Al-Salem continues to serve on the boards of several organizations in the private and public sectors such as Queen Rania Foundation and University of Jordan. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering from Imperial College – UK.
- By Royal Decree, H.E. Dr. Ezzedine Kanakrieh was appointed as Secretary-General of the Ministry of Finance for the second time on June 5th, 2014 where he held the same position during the period 2007-2012
Dr. Kanakrieh worked as Director General of the Income and Sales Tax Department in March 2012. Afterwards, he decided to be full-time academic lecturer in Jordanian universities as well as to write economic and financial research papers and newspaper articles. Subsequently, he was appointed as Commissioner of the Jordan Securities Commission during the period 2012-2014.
Dr. Kanakrieh held several positions at the Ministry of Finance during the period 1986-2007, the most significant of these were the posts of Assistant Secretary General and Director of the Cash Management Directorate at the Ministry. Moreover, he represented the Ministry of Finance in several companies and organizations in different capacities in the board of directors and its official committees. Besides, Dr. Kanakrieh participated mainly in drawing economic and financial policies as well as implementing important programs on the national and international levels.
He holds a Ph.D. degree in Finance from Amman Arab University for Higher Studies in 2010. A master's degree in Accounting and Financial Sciences from the Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences/Amman in 1997, and a bachelor's degree in economics from Yarmouk University in 1984.
In 2007, Dr. Kanakrieh was honored with the Independence Medal of the Second Class in recognition of his efforts and his service in the public sector.
- Member of the 25th house of Senate.
Director Food services Royal Jordanian from 1980 till1982.
Chairman for the Dead Sea Hotels from 1990 till Present.
Chairman for the MINA Hotels from 1990 till Present.
Chairman for the Jordan Hotel Association from 1988 till Present.
Chairman for the Federation of Tourism Associations from 2004 till Present.
Vice Chairman and board member for the Jordan Tourism Board from 2004 till Present.
Founder and Member of the Jordanian Applied University board of trustees from 1996 till Present.
- With a background in management, Mr. Bdeir was appointed to Royal Jordanian's Board of Directors in 2008. He is the current General Manager of Best Dimension Investment Co., and a Director of the General Mining Co., and a former board member of Jordan Investment Board. He received a BS in Industrial Engineering from Purdue University (USA), and an MS in Engineering Management from the American University of Beirut.