Our Media Center
oneworld adds more benefits for top tier frequent flyers
oneworld® today unveiled two more benefits for the most regular customers of its member airlines, as part of its strategy of positioning itself as the first choice airline alliance for frequent international travelers.
From midnight tonight, frequent flyer cardholders with oneworld Emerald status will be entitled to:
- An extra checked baggage allowance, above the standard limit for the cabin class in which they are traveling – either one additional item where the piece concept applies, or an extra 20 kg (44 lbs) where the weight concept applies – when they fly on any oneworld member airline.
- Use fast track lanes through security when flying from select key airports worldwide on select oneworld member airlines.
These new benefits are in addition to those already offered to frequent flyers with oneworld Emerald status when flying on any oneworld member airline in any class, including:
- Earning mileage rewards and tier status points.
- Access to First Class or Business Class lounges on departure, accompanied by a guest. oneworld is the only alliance to offer top tier frequent flyers access to First Class lounges when they are not booked to travel in the First Class cabin.
- Ability to check-in at First Class or Business Class desks.
- Priority boarding.
- Priority on waitlists and when on standby if a flight is fully booked.
- Access to preferred and pre-reserved seating when offered by the airline operating the flight.
Emerald is the highest status in the oneworld frequent flyer programme. It is held by:
- airberlin topbonus Platinum cardholders.
- American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum.
- British Airways Executive Club Gold.
- Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Diamond.
- Finnair Plus Platinum.
- Iberia Plus Platinum.
- Japan Airlines Mileage Bank (JMB) Diamond and JAL Global Club (JGC) Premier.
- LAN’s LANPASS Comodoro.
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich Platinum, from midnight tonight.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum One and Platinum.
- Royal Jordanian Royal Plus Platinum.
- S7 Priority Platinum.
oneworld Chief Executive Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice airline alliance for regular international travellers. Our frequent flyer benefits – which we believe are the most compelling offered by any airline alliance – provide them with the highest levels of recognition, services and benefits when they need to travel beyond their home airline’s own network.”
RJ bans Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone devices on all its flights
Amman, Oct. 16, 2016- Starting October 16, 2016 Royal Jordanian is banning carriage of Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone devices (including recalled and replacement devices) on board all its...
IATA renews the Enhanced IOSA certificate with no remarks
Amman, October 9, 2016 - The International Air Transport Association (IATA) renewed Royal Jordanian's IATA Operational Safety Audit (Enhanced IOSA) for the 7th time in a row since the airline...