Royal Jordanian Refund Policy (referred to hereunder as the "Policy") shall regulate the refund rules applicable to Royal Jordanian's customers:
- This Policy shall apply to
- Miscellaneous Charge Orders (MCOs); and
- Electronic Miscellaneous Documents (EMDs),
- issued via (i) Royal Jordanian's Sales Offices; (ii) Royal Jordanian's authorized General Sales Agents ; (iii) Royal Jordanian's Phone Sales; or (iv) Royal Jordanian's Internet Booking Engine (herein referred to as "Document(s)").
- Refunded amount will be only credited to the customer who has purchased the Document and who presents a proof of identification as well as the Document's payment receipt.
- Documents issued to corporate and government organizations should be only refunded to the same organization.
- No refund whatsoever will be made in respect of the Documents' service charges/fees that Royal Jordanian applies and amend from time to time according to its sole discretion.
- In case that more than one fare rule of Royal Jordanian's fare rules apply to the same Document, the most restricted fare determined by Royal Jordanian's fare rules will apply in respect to the fare validity and refund rules of the Document.
- Subject to and taking into consideration the terms of this policy, refunding the ticket (purchased from RJ.COM) is allowed without penalty, if cancelation of the ticket was requested within twenty-four hours after the ticket is issued and provided that the reservation is made one week or more prior to a flight's departure. Cancellation the ticket (purchased from RJ.COM) under these circumstances can only be requested by calling the Royal Jordanian Customer service center on the number +96265100000 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Royal Jordanian's fare rules to be applied on the Documents maybe changed from time to time as determined by Royal Jordanian. Therefore, whenever this Policy refers to Royal Jordanian's fare rules, this shall be reference to the fare rules to be applied on a Document as determined by Royal Jordanian and as published on the general distribution system utilized for the issuance of the Document, at the date and time of issuing the Document.
- In case of a refund request related to a paper Document, the relevant coupon(s) of the paper Document must be provided and submitted to Royal Jordanian and must be considered valid for its relevant service as determined by Royal Jordanian. In case of a refund request related to an electronic Document, the relevant coupon(s) of the electronic Document must be considered valid for its relevant service as determined by Royal Jordanian.
There are two types for tickets refund:
Voluntary Tickets Refund:
Voluntary Tickets Refund shall mean the refund that may be requested by the customer who has purchased the tickets in the following cases and subject to the below:
- The ticket which is totally un-used by the passenger.
In the event that the ticket is totally unused by the passenger, the full amount paid will be refunded less any cancelation fee determined by the applicable Royal Jordanian's fare rules.
Refund request of totally un-used tickets will be only accepted, if it is in compliance with this Policy and if submitted within one year from the date of Document's issuance, otherwise, no refund request will be accepted.
The ticket which is partially used by the passenger:
In the event that the ticket is partially used by the passenger, the refund will be the difference between the fare paid (including taxes and charges) and the next applicable one way fare of the actually used coupons (including taxes and charges) as determined by the applicable Royal Jordanian's fare rules less any cancelation fees determined also by the applicable Royal Jordanian's fare rules.
Refund request of partially un-used tickets will be only accepted, if it is in compliance with this Policy and if submitted within one year from date of issuance for the first used coupon, otherwise, no refund request will be accepted.
In case of non-refundable as determined by Royal Jordanian's fare rules, Royal Jordanian only refunds the un-used governmental taxes.
In case the non-refundable ticket was reissued to a higher refundable fare, Royal Jordanian will only refund the additional amount according to the applicable Royal Jordanian's fare rules including the un-used governmental taxes less any applicable cancelation fees which is determined by the applicable Royal Jordanian's fare rules.
The rules mentioned in clause 2.1.1 shall in no event apply if the situations mentioned under the Involuntary Tickets Refunds occur and in such case the rules under the Involuntary Tickets Refunds shall apply.
Involuntary Tickets Refunds:
Involuntary Tickets Refunds shall mean the refund that may be requested by the customer who has purchased the tickets if a scheduled RJ flight has been cancelled or rerouted and there is no;
- RJ flight with a comparable routing available within 24hours of the original time of departure to the destination that is through ticketed (last destination of the ticket) and in case of such unavailability, RJ is unable to provide other alternate air transportation acceptable to the passenger; or
- available non-comparable routing on RJ or another carrier that arrives within 24hours of the original time of arrival to the destination that is through ticketed (last destination of the ticket) and in case of such unavailability, RJ is unable to provide other alternate air transportation acceptable to the passenger.
Involuntary Tickets Refund must be authorized by Area/Station manger (alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Involuntary Tickets Refund will apply as follow:
- If the ticket is un-used regardless of Royal Jordanian's fare rule, the full paid amount will be refunded.
- If the ticket is partially used regardless of Royal Jordanian's fare rule, Royal Jordanian will only refund the value of the un-used coupons including the taxes and charges of such un-used coupons.
No Involuntary refund rules -to-apply on Tickets:
No refund will apply whatsoever in case of any force majeure events or any event which is beyond Royal Jordanian's control. The force majeure events may include but not limited to, the following:
- acts of God
- civil commotion, wars and hostilities
- riots or any unsettled international conditions
- strikes and other labor-related disputes
- government regulations
- shortage of fuel
- and/or any RJ unpredicted or unforeseen circumstances
Refunds in case of lost paper ticket:
In case of a lost un-used or partially used paper ticket, refund will be paid in the following cases and subject to the below:
- The lost ticket, or part of it, has not been used, previously refunded or exchanged.
- The validity period of the ticket expires. The validity period of the ticket will be determined according to Royal Jordanian's fare rule.
- The customer that has purchased the ticket pays an administration fee(s) of fifty dollars (50 $) or an equivalent amount in another currency as determined by Royal Jordanian.
- The customer that has purchased the ticket signs Royal Jordanian's form of indemnity (lost form) and undertakes to reimburse Royal Jordanian for the amount of the ticket or part of it, in the event that it is revealed at any time that the ticket was used.
MCOs and EMDs Refund
Royal Jordanian will refund MCO or EMD only to the customer who has purchased them (i) if any of these documents was issued for the below reasons; and (ii) if it was actually presented to Royal Jordanian with a proof of identification of the relevant customer as well as payment receipt :
- Refundable balance.
- Residual value.
- Denied boarding compensation with refundable indicator.
- Excess Baggage issued at RJ worldwide City Ticket Offices for un-used value
- Good for air transportation with refundable indicator.
Royal Jordanian will pay refund in the same currency of the country where refund is requested according to currency regulations in that country and subject to the rate of exchange of the refund requested date.
In the event that credit card is used to issue the Documents, the refund currency will be with the same currency that the passenger used to pay for the Document.
- Refunds eligible in accordance with this Policy on paper or electronic tickets issued from RJ sales offices worldwide can be obtained at any of RJ worldwide City Ticket Offices.
- Refunds eligible in accordance with this Policy for IBE electronic tickets (RJ Internet sales channel) may be obtained through the IBE support section by sending an email requesting the refund to email@example.com
- Refunds eligible in accordance with this Policy for Phone Sales electronic tickets (RJ Call Center Sales channel) may be obtained through the call center support section by sending an email requesting the refund to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Documents purchased with a credit card or cash, refunds eligible in accordance with this Policy will be provided within seven (7) business working days of receipt of all of the refund information and documents required by Royal Jordanian.
- The credit card refund may take up to two billing cycles before appearing on a credit card statement. Therefore, the customer should contact his/her credit card company directly to verify receipt of the credit.
- All refund requests under this Policy maybe be obtained by RJ refund section at the following address.
Royal Jordanian Airlines
|Amman - Jordan|
|P.O. Box 302, Amman 11118 Jordan|
Royal Jordanian's rules, regulation and other policies shall remain applicable. In case of contradiction between this policy and Royal Jordanian's rules, regulation and other policies, this policy shall apply.
Royal Jordanian shall have the right to amend this Policy from time to time.