Payment can be made by clicking the Pay Now button on the booking details page at the My Trips page to process the payment process online within the 72 hours from the flight time.Customer may be offered one or more of the following payment options:
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)
- Debit Card (Maestro in the UK )
- PayPal (currently available for bookings in EUR, USD, GBP, CAD and CFH only.)
- Real-time online bank transfer
We have different payment options from different countries; you can select your desired payment option during the booking process based on the payment options that are given to you. If your desired payment option is not shown, it may not be available for the country that you are departing from, or there is too little time left before departure.
For any comment about payment options please contact us at email@example.com
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a safe, easy way to pay. The service allows anyone to pay in any way they prefer, including through credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit or account balances, without sharing financial information. Before using PayPal, you need to register with them, and you need to register a method of payment with them, such as a credit or debit card.
When booking online at rj.com and selecting the PayPal option, you will be sent to the PayPal website, where you will need to log-on and select one of the payment methods that you have registered with them in order to pay. PayPal will process your payment, and you will then be taken back to rj.com, where your booking confirmation and e-tickets will be given. PayPal provides payment to Royal Jordanian on your behalf, and your payment method details are not given to Royal Jordanian.
PayPal is the only Payment option for bookings out of codeshare destinations.
What is iDeal real-time bank transfers?
Paying via iDEAL is a very safe way to purchase your tickets online. iDEAL is easy to access, simple to use and free of cost. Your name and bank account number will not be disclosed until you approve the payment.
Real-time bank transfers give an immediate online authorization/confirmation of funds availability. Immediately after completing your purchase, you will receive a confirmation message and your online bank account statement will also be updated.
Customers may pay with iDeal real-time banking, if their billing country is Netherlands.
Credit/ Debit cards Online payment rules
When you are required to enter your billing information and credit card details during the payment process, you will see the payment rule applied from the country of departure listed at the top of the billing details page
These rules apply for all bookings made on rj.com:
- In some countries, for security reasons, the holder of the credit card used to book a ticket or group of tickets must be one of the travelers on that itinerary, and will be required to show the credit card at the airport check-in counter prior to receiving boarding passes. In other countries, the card holder does not have to be one of the travelers.
- Specific countries have reservations / certain requirements in respect to online booking paid by credit card. You are obliged to comply with any notification message(s) presented during your check-out process in order to be able to travel. This will include but not limited to, presenting the credit card used for such booking at the time of check-in or at the sales offices, as applicable, in order for us to verify the used credit card. If you failed to present the credit card used for such booking and/or failed to comply with any other notification message(s) presented during your check-out process , you will not be allowed to travel.
- Please note that since Royal Jordanian is based in Amman, Jordan, it is possible that for your online transaction, your credit card issuing bank will charge a fee for usage of the card in a foreign country. For further information, please contact your credit card issuing bank.
- Royal Jordanian will charge your credit card in the currency that is given on the payment page. If you are not using a credit card based in the country of departure of the ticket, your card issuer may apply charge a fee for transactions in a foreign currency, and also apply different exchange rates compared to those given by the Currency Converter on our site. Please check with your credit card issuer for any fees and their applicable exchange rates.
- In most cases, Visa, MasterCard and American Express can be used for payment. When departing from a few countries however, American Express may not be available. The "Card type" drop down menu will show the card types that you can use for that departure country.
- For payments by Visa card, depending on your card issuer, you may have to complete an extra level of security checks through the Verified by Visa scheme - a popup window will appear after you confirm purchase of your itinerary containing your banks logo, in which you must provide your Verified by Visa password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/Cash machines. If you are requested to enter this password, but you have not registered for the scheme, please contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter the incorrect password, your booking would not be successful.
- For payments by MasterCard, depending on your card issuer, you may have to complete an extra level of security checks through the MasterCard SecureCode scheme - a popup window will appear after you confirm purchase of your itinerary containing your banks logo, in which you must provide your MasterCard SecureCode password. This is not the PIN used for ATM/Cash machines. If you are requested to enter this password, but you have not registered for the scheme, please contact your bank to register. If you are requested to enter this password and you choose to continue without entering it, or enter the incorrect password, your booking would not be successful.
- If your credit card is issued in India, we only accept international Credit Cards.
- Yes, you can pay with a virtual credit card/pre-pay payment card as long as it is supported by one of the card schemes that Royal Jordanian Airlines accepts e.g. Visa, Master card etc.
- In case of cancellation/refund the refund amount is only eligible to be returned using the same original payment method used for purchase.
Under special circumstances if the refund is requested to a different payment method than the one used in the original sale transaction:
- tickets issued/re issued through Royal Jordanian's website www.rj.com , Mobile application, and Call-Center office, kindly to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For tickets issued/re issued through Royal Jordanian's sales offices using credit/debit card payment method, kindly to contact the closest RJ sales office.
Please note: The use of a virtual credit card may prevent you from using checking in on rj.com or self-service check in. This is because we will need to present a copy of your virtual card certificate, supplied by your bank as part of the use of a virtual card process, before we can accept you for travel.