- Prior to the 28th week of Pregnancy:
All passengers flying when pregnant are advised to consult their doctors/medical practitioners before traveling.
- On the 28th week of Pregnancy and beyond:
Pregnant women traveling on their 28th week and beyond need to submit a certified medical report from their attending Gynecologist written within seven days prior to the date of travel and this report must be approved by Royal Jordanian Medical Adviser.
- Pregnant women with multiple pregnancy (twins or more) after their 34th week will not be accepted to travel.
- All Pregnant women in their 36th week of pregnancy and on forward will not be accepted to travel on board Royal Jordanian flights.
Medical Report Guidelines:
Medical Reports submitted to RJ should have the following:
- Age of the pregnant woman.
- State if the pregnancy is single or multiple.
- State the number of weeks of pregnancy (Gestational age in week).
- State the Expected Date of Delivery.
- State Any complications during pregnancy
- State if the pregnant woman is fit to fly.
- Report should be issued 7 days before the travel date.
Tips to Increase Comfort Onboard
- Be careful with your luggage as heavy lifting during pregnancy should be avoided.
- Wear your seatbelt low around the pelvis.
- Walk around the plane at regular intervals throughout the flight.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the flight and avoid eating “heavy” foods which can lead to stomach cramps through prolonged immobility.