Terms and Conditions
- Terms and conditions should govern Members participation in the Royal Club
- Royal Jordanian has the right to change/amend these terms and conditions during the life of the Program
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of Jordan. Royal Jordanian and each Member submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Jordan
- Royal Club may accept or reject any application for Family Members and to cancel or suspend any Member’s account in the event of failure to comply with these terms and conditions
- By joining the Royal Jordanian Royal Club you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
The Terms and conditions, as amended from time to time, are effective as of 22 September 2018 (“Effective Date”)
The following terms and expressions shall have the meanings assigned thereto below, unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Active Member” means the Member who has performed any accrual activity, redemption, miles purchase, miles donation, miles transfer or gift activity over a period of 18 months.
- “Airlines Partners” mean airlines whose flights may, from time to time and as defined by RJ, be eligible to Tier Miles, Award Miles, Bonuses and Awards.
- “Award” means the award travel or other awards or benefits that a Member is entitled to receive upon the redemption of an appropriate part of his / her Royal Club Miles.
- “Member” means, as of any date, any individual who is a member in good standing of the Program.
- “Member Account” means the record, maintained by RJ, of a Member activity, including data pertaining to the accrual and redemption of Royal Club Miles by such Member.
- “Membership” means membership of the Program.
- “Membership Card” means a Bronze Sunbird, Silver Jay, Gold Sparrow and Platinum Hawk Membership card, as the case maybe.
- “Partner(s)” means party / parties entered into agreement(s) with RJ to provide certain Awards to the Members and / or to entitle the Members to accrue Royal Club Miles by reason of their Membership. The Partners include but not limited to: Airline Partners, Financial Institutions, Retail Outlets, Lifestyle outlets, hotels, and car rental companies.
- “RJ Flight(s)” means each segment of any regularly scheduled, passenger air transportation service, operated by RJ under the designator code “RJ” this shall not include any RJ codeshare flights unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions.
- “Royal Club Program” or “Program” means the frequent flyer program operated by RJ.
- “Royal Club Miles” means the credits earned by a Member and credited to that Member Account under the Royal Club Program.
- “Award Miles” means Royal Club Miles earned by Members based on flight activities on Royal Jordanian or any of its oneworld partner airlines, or through activities and purchases with Royal Jordanian non-airline partners.
- “Tier Miles” means Royal Club Miles earned by Members through flight activities with Royal Jordanian or its oneworld partner airlines for the purpose of progressing towards a higher tier level or for retaining their Membership tier for another year. Tier Miles are separate from Award Miles, are not relevant to the calculation of Award Miles and are awarded according to the conditions specified on the Website Pages;
- “Segment Count” means the number of segments earned by Members for the purpose of progressing towards a higher Membership Tier or for retaining the tier level unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions. Each flight from point A to point B is one segment; except for flights from Amman to Aqaba vice versa, and from Amman to Tel Aviv vice versa, and for tickets issued on “R” Class to any Royal Jordanian destination, where it is calculated as half segment. Segment Count is separate from Award Miles and Tier Miles.
- “Website” means www.rj.com as amended by Royal Jordanian from time to time.
- “Website Pages” means the Royal Club Program pages available on the Website, as amended by Royal Jordanian from to time.
- To apply for an individual Membership, an individual (a) should be 16 years old and above (b) should apply online at the Website Pages or complete the Program's application form and return it to any RJ Sales Offices worldwide or to the Frequent Flyer Unit, Royal Jordanian Head Quarters, P. O. Box 302, Amman 11118 Jordan.
- Membership is offered at RJ's sole discretion and RJ shall always have the right to refuse the Membership of any applicant.
- Membership shall be effective by the time approved by RJ. For the avoidance of doubt, Membership is considered approved by RJ when the applicant gets a Membership number.
- Each individual is allowed to have only one Member Account's number. In case of a Membership's duplication, all Memberships excluding the first Membership approved by RJ shall be cancelled together with any duplicate Royal Club Miles.
- Membership is not transferable in any way to any person whosoever.
- Members agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time).
- RJ reserves the right to:
- Provide information relevant to the Royal Club Program, including but not limited to the modification to the Royal Club Program and / or these Terms and Conditions, only to active Members.
- Audit a Member Account and records without notice to the Member to check for compliance with these Terms and Conditions, RJ's General Conditions of Carriage and any other applicable rules, regulations or terms and conditions. During an audit a Member may be unable to make Award bookings.
- All members should ensure they present their Membership Card or Membership Number at the time of check in to avail the excess baggage allowance, lounge access, requesting an Award ticket, and at the time of booking Revenue tickets. This is to help us serve you more efficiently and to maintain the privacy of your account.
- It is the member's responsibility to ensure updating his/her personal information regularly.
- Name changes by a Member must be notified to Royal Club in writing and accompanied by all relevant documentation as requested by Royal Club.
- Royal Club has four main Membership Levels: Bronze Sunbird, Silver Jay, Gold Sparrow and Platinum Hawk.
- Applicants accepted for Membership will be provided with a Bronze Sunbird Membership Card as an entry tier level.
- The Silver Jay and Gold Sparrow cards are valid for a period of one year from their date of issuance by RJ (“Validity Period”) and Member shall not be allowed to use the relevant card after the Validity Period.
- Platinum Hawk cards are valid for a period of Two years from their date of issuance by RJ (“Validity Period”) and the Member shall not be allowed to use the relevant card after the Validity Period.
- Members’ progress from Bronze Sunbird to Silver Jay and from Silver Jay to Gold Sparrow and from Gold Sparrow to Platinum Hawk is based on the applicable number of Tier Miles or Segments earned in a consecutive twelve months during the Validity Period.
- Tier Miles/ Segments needed for each Membership tier level will be defined on the Website Pages according to RJ's sole discretion. RJ may, from time to time, change the number of Tier Miles / Segments Count needed to qualify for each Membership Tier without prior notification.
- Flights eligible for Tier Miles are (a) RJ Flights; and (b) oneworld alliance flights.
- Minimum RJ flight for Silver tier qualification or maintenance is 4.
- Minimum RJ flights for Gold tier qualification or maintenance is 10.
- Minimum RJ flights for Platinum tier qualification or maintenance is 20
- RJ may reduce the Member's tier level at its sole discretion depending on the Tier Miles/ Segments earned during the relevant Validity Period without incurring any liability on RJ towards the Member whatsoever. For further clarification, in case the Member do not earn, during the relevant Validity Period, Tier Miles / Segments that entitle him / her to a higher tier level and do not earn, during the relevant Validity Period, Royal Club Miles that entitles him / her to retain the same tier level, RJ shall have the right to return the Member to a lower Membership tier level.
- Each type of the Membership Card entitles the Member to the benefits outlined on the Website Pages, as amended by RJ from time to time and subject to each benefit's entitlement conditions.
- The Member whose name is printed on the Membership Card is the only person allowed to use the Membership Card and / or quote its number. For the avoidance of doubt, no person, whosoever, is allowed to exercise the Member's right referred to in the precedent sentence.
- Member should always quote his / her Membership Number upon reservation and check-in and should present the Membership Card at any time while traveling or otherwise utilizing any Awards upon the request of RJ or a Partner. The immediately precedent obligation is conditional for the Member to get the Membership Card's benefits and failure to do so, may result into RJ not crediting the earned Royal Club Miles and / or Tier Miles / or Segments to the Member Account and the Member not receiving certain Benefits.
- Membership Card is not considered to be a credit card and is only used in relation to the Program.
- Membership Card is the sole property of RJ and the Member shall immediately return the Membership Card to RJ upon request.
Loss or Damage of Card
- In the event of loss, theft or unauthorized use of the Membership Card by Member or any third party, Member should inform RJ of such event as soon as possible.
- Member can substitute the lost or stolen Membership Card via RJ touch points; provided that (500) Five Hundred Royal Club Award Miles are to be deducted from the Member Account in return for the Membership Card replacement).
- Award Miles earned by a Member from flying on eligible flights or from accrual activities through any of Royal Club’s non-airline partners as defined in these Terms and Conditions do not expire as long as the account is active.
- If no activities are registered to the member’s account for a period of 18 months, the account will turn inactive and the total award miles balance will expire. Activities mean award miles accruals, redemptions, miles purchase, miles transfer, donations or gifting of miles.
- New members can claim miles for flights up to three months prior to their date of enrollment; flights traveled prior to that date shall not entitle a Member for any Royal Club Miles whatsoever. All new applicants shall get 1000 bonus Royal Club Miles on their Member Account following their Member initial flight activity, and an additional bonus of 500 miles for online applicants.
- It is the Members responsibility to ensure that the Membership number is provided at the time of making a reservation and while checking in, or utilizing the services of Royal Jordanian or any Program Partners.
- Miles cannot be earned in more than one loyalty Program for the same transaction. Royal Club reserves the right to deduct any miles/benefits earned from duplicate transactions in another loyalty Program.
- Royal Jordanian and any Program Partners may place restrictions on mileage accrual. It is the responsibility of the Member to be familiar with any such restrictions. Royal Jordanian may not be held responsible for any Partner not crediting miles to a Member's account.
- The charter flights traveled by a Member shall not entitle the Member for earning Royal Club Miles
- To earn Royal Club Miles Member should be subject to the Terms and Conditions:
- Quote his / her Member Account number at the time of reservation and present the Membership Card upon check-in.
- Ensure that the name used for a certain transaction matches exactly with the name registered in his / her Member Account.
- Retain his / her original boarding passes and passenger receipt of an RJ Flight or oneworld alliance flight until the miles have been credited to the Member Account.
- Each Member has a responsibility to check that Award Miles and Tier Miles have been properly credited. This can be checked by accessing the member’s account online at the Website Pages.
- Members may submit a retroactive claim online by accessing his/her member account at the website or via email to the Frequent Flyer Team for Award Miles to be earned in return of eligible traveled flights within 12 months of the date on which the transaction took place; provided that the Member shall submit his / her tickets and boarding pass. However, any transactions made more than three months prior to the member’s enrollment date in the program are not eligible.
- The following tickets are not eligible to accrue Award Miles or Tier Miles:
- Award tickets.
- Tickets with a 50% discount or more.
- Infant -fare tickets
- Discounted tickets for RJ's employee, industry and agent.
- RJ shall not be liable for any losses, damages, injuries, accidents, claims or any other liabilities (whether direct or indirect) (“Loss”) incurred as a result of altering or terminating the right of accruing or redeeming Miles.
- Tier Miles can only be earned on Royal Jordanian and oneworld partners' flights and on code-share flights marketed and operated by oneworld carriers.
- Tier Miles are earned based on the class the member chooses to travel in and the fare of the ticket the member purchases.
- Award Miles are earned based on the class the member chooses to travel in, the fare of the ticket that the member purchases and the member’s membership tier.
- You will not earn Miles for:
- award tickets issued using Royal Club Miles or any other frequent flyer program miles or points;
- lost, refunded, forfeited, unused or expired tickets or tickets with any type of discount over published rates. This includes free of charge tickets, charter flights, complimentary tickets, agent and travel industry discount tickets, airline staff travel tickets, rebate tickets and any prize ticket;
- cancelled flights or flights that are transferred to another airline due to circumstances beyond Royal Jordanian’s or the relevant airline partner’s control;
- flights by infants under two (2) years of age.
Complimentary Upgrade Voucher
- Platinum Hawk members are entitled to two complimentary upgrade vouchers every 12 months.
- Gold SPARROW members are entitled to one complimentary upgrade voucher in 12 months.
- Each upgrade voucher is valid for one sector/segment only.
- The vouchers can only be used within the period for which the tier is valid.
- Upgrades should be requested 2 to 4 weeks prior to the flight date via email to email@example.com
- RJ reserves the right to confirm or reject the upgrade on a specific flight at its sole discretion.
- Blackout periods apply from June 1, 2019 until August 31, 2019. to/from USA, Canada , Europe, and Far East
Family Club (Pooling Account)
- Any existing or new Royal Club member aging 21 years old and above may start a Family Club account and may add a minimum of one member and up to eight members to pool their Award Miles into this account
- The member who started the account would be referred to as the Head of the Family Club account.
- Any member who is part of Family Club account will be referred to as Family Club member.
- The Head along with the members of the Family Club Account are entitled to accrue Miles on Royal Jordanian and with all Program Partners.
- Family Members allowed to enroll in a Family Club Account are Spouse, partner, children (2 years and above), Parents of Head, Parents-in-law, Stepparents, Stepchildren, and one household maid.
- Nominated Family Club members above 16 years old will receive an invitation to join the Head’s Family Club Account and shall accept and approve the invitation to be included in the Family Club account.
- One Head of Account should be defined upon registration
- Award miles earned by the Head and Family Club Members will automatically pool in the Family Club Head Account;
- Whereas, Tier Miles and Segments earned by the Family Club members will be credited to the individual members’ accounts and will count towards the Family Club members’ upgrade to a higher membership tier.
- The Head of family Club Account cannot be changed.
- Only the Head of the Family Club account can request redemption or awards in exchange of award miles pooled in the Family Club Account
- Family Club members cannot transfer miles to other Royal Club members that are not part of the same Family Club account.
- Each family member will receive his/her own Membership Card. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that the membership number is provided at the time of making a reservation and while checking in, or utilizing the services of Royal Jordanian or any of our oneworld partners.
- Six months block period applies during which the head will not be able to delete and replace an existing member.
- After the block period, the head can delete and replace one member only every 12 months.
- All correspondence relating to Family Club account status or activities will be addressed to the Head of Family Club account.
- Royal Club may accept or reject any application for family members, and may cancel any Member's account in the event of failure to comply with the terms and conditions
- Once a family member is 16 years old and above, he/she can de-link from the Family Club account and may start earning award miles in his/her individual account.
- To de-link from a Family Club account, The Family Member has to complete the de-link request by sending an email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit it at any Royal Jordanian office, along with a copy of his/her ID/Passport.
- The Miles earned prior to de-linking will remain in the main Family Club account. After de-linking, the family member can continue to use his/her existing membership number and membership card to earn Miles when they travel with Royal Jordanian or our oneworld partners.
Claim for Missing Miles
- If any eligible flight activity is not reflected in the Member's account 48 hours after the date of activity, the Member may request to claim the missing miles as long as the request is made within 12 months of the date on which the activity took place.
- It is the Member's responsibility to retain and provide the necessary documents, such as boarding passes, tickets and receipts until these transactions are credited to the account. Royal Club reserves the right to verify all necessary documentation, or proof for retroactive mileage credit. If applicable, Miles will be credited within 30 days of claiming for missing miles request.
- For flights’ missing miles, the Member must send the original boarding pass and a legible copy of the ticket to any Royal Jordanian Office or claim the miles online by accessing his/her membership account on the website. For non-Airline Partner retro claims, please forward original proof of Transaction to the respective Partners.
- Tier Miles and/or Segments are the currency used by Royal Jordanian for a Member to qualify for each Royal Club Membership Level and may only be earned from the date of commencement of membership.
- Tier Miles and/or Segments are valid for one Membership Year for Bronze Sunbird, Silver Jay and Gold Sparrow members. According to the number of Tier Miles or Segments a member earns during the previous 12 months, the member’s tier will be either upgraded or downgraded, or will retain his/her existing tier status. At which point, you’re the member’s Tier Miles/Segments balance will be reset to zero.
- Tier Miles and/or Segments are valid for two Membership Years for Platinum Hawk. According to the number of Tier Miles or Segments a member earns during the previous 24 months, he/she will either retain his/her Platinum Hawk tier status or get downgraded to Gold Sparrow. At which point, the member’s Tier Miles/Segments balance will be reset to zero.
- The number of Tier Miles/ Segments credited depends on the Program conditions valid at the time of utilization of the service. In the case of Retroactive Tier Miles and/or Segments credit requests, Tier Miles and/or Segments will be credited to the Member's account in the corresponding one year when the flight transaction took place and not when the request is made.
- Tier Miles can only be earned on Royal Jordanian operated flights and our oneworld partners’ flights.
- Segments are calculated per flight sector; i.e. each flight from point A to point B is calculated as one segment, except for;
- flights between Amman-Aqaba vice versa and Amman-Tel Aviv vice versa where each flight sector equals half segment.
- Tickets issued on the rebated R Class to any RJ destination, where each flight sector equals half segment.
- RJ, may, from time to time, make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions including but not limited to the right of earning and / or redeeming Royal Club Miles without incurring any liabilities on RJ whatsoever and at its sole discretion.
- Awards shall be provided either from RJ or Partners’ designated by RJ, in return of an accumulated Royal Club Miles in a Member’s Account as defined by RJ.
- Request for Awards should be submitted to RJ either through the Website Pages, or Royal Jordanian Call Center or sales offices worldwide 14 days prior to the Member's intended travel date. Subject to these Terms and Conditions RJ may issue the requested Award to the relevant Member with reserving its right to reject the Member's request.
- Awards for travel on RJ are subject to RJ's General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage that Members agree to comply with.
- All Award travel must be completed within 12 months of the date of ticket issue.
- Award tickets are not eligible to certain benefits associated with a full-fare ticket including but not limited to, the accruing of Royal Club Miles.
- Excess baggage Awards provided to the Member as per the Terms and Conditions and upon RJ's sole discretion in return of an appropriate part of Royal Club Miles as defined by RJ, shall be on RJ's Flights only and per-flight segment basis.
- Excess Baggage Awards can only be used on Royal Jordanian flights and not on code-share nor partner’ airlines flights.
- Awards are not redeemable for cash
- In all events, Awards may not be purchased by, sold to, bartered or otherwise transferred to other persons and are not eligible to earn benefits including but not limited to the accruing of Royal Club Miles.
- It is the Member's responsibility to:
- check the relevant entry requirements for any country being visited; and
- have the correct passports, visas, health certificates and other travel documents needed for the journey.
- Members may be denied boarding if their documents are not in order and RJ shall not be liable for Loss whatsoever suffered by a Member as a result of their failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Award tickets are subject to additional fees, government charges and taxes. The payment of the said fees, charges and taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Member.
- All Awards are subject to availability. In case of unavailability or cancellation of a certain Award, the Member will have to choose another Award to be used within its specified validity period. In all events, RJ shall not be responsible for the performance or non-performance of its designated Partners, including a Partner's discontinuance of providing a certain Award.
- RJ and / or its designated Partners may from time to time impose a period in which no Award will be available.
- The provision of Awards from Partners is conditional on Members stating their full name and Membership number when booking the Award and, where appropriate, showing their Membership Card and providing additional information if required to do so by the Partner.
- A Member is entitled to redeem miles once he or she has reached the required mileage
- Where a Member uses Awards which are not provided by RJ, the Partner's terms and conditions relating to such Awards will apply including those terms and conditions relating to bookings, ticketing, passports and all other matters, and RJ will not be liable for any loss incurred to the Member whatsoever.
- RJ assumes no responsibility for accommodation when travel is on an issued Award Ticket.
- Travel agencies shall not be allowed to issue any Award tickets.
- The Member is not allowed to (a) have open dates on Award ticket (b) utilize the Royal Club Miles credited in his / her Member Account for upgrading the discounted or free ticket
- A Member may not request for upgrading his / her tickets unless he / she is obtaining an issued ticket. In case a Member, subject to the immediately precedent condition, upgrades to a higher class, the terms and conditions of the original ticket shall apply and Royal Club Miles and Tier Miles shall be credited based on the Member's original ticket.
- Flight bookings for Award travel on RJ can only be changed by the Member or his/her nominated travel coordinator and the permitted changes are limited to the date, time, route and class of service of a relevant flight and shall not include in any event name changes. All permitted changes are subject to capacity limitations and must be made not less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure of the first flight in the Award itinerary and in all events RJ reserves the right to charge the Member for each permitted change.
- Flight bookings for Award travel on Airline Partners cannot be changed.
- Miles redeemed for an Award Ticket on RJ or any of its oneworld partner airlines are non-refundable.
- If the Member cancelled a flight booking for Award travel after departure, the Royal Club Miles in respect of the Award will not be re-credited to the Member’s account.
- If a Member fails to utilize an Award flight and is reported as "no show", such failure will result in the airline's cancellation of any onward or return reservations without incurring any liability on RJ whatsoever and Royal Club Miles in respect of such Award ticket shall not be re-credited.
- Class upgrades on Royal Jordanian are possible on fully paid tickets (not Award Tickets) provided the revenue ticket has been issued prior to the upgrade being requested as per the notice period stated for each Membership Level and subject to the availability of seats.
- If the Member, cancelled flight bookings for travel on an Award itinerary, wholly or partly consisting of flights operated by an Airline Partner, all Royal Club Miles in respect of the Award will be forfeited.
- RJ reserves the right to discontinue its relationship with any Partner at any time.
- RJ reserves the right to modify, withdraw, amend or add to any Awards or to impose any requirements or restrictions relating to the use of Awards and the Member has no right to object on such modification, withdrawal, amendment or addition.
- Each Partner reserves the right to withdraw, amend or add to the Awards provided by it or impose requirements or restrictions relating to the Awards and the Member has no right to object on such modification, withdrawal, amendment or addition.
- RJ shall not be liable for any Loss incurred as a result of modifying or terminating the right of using whole or any part of the Awards including but not limited a Partner's failure to provide the Award.
- Award levels are subject to change at any time
- Award Tickets are valid for a period of one year from the date of issue where after they will expire and have no value.
- Award Tickets can only be issued if all segments have been confirmed. Award Tickets will not be issued if any segments are waitlisted.
Purchase Award Miles
- Members have an option to purchase Award Miles.
- Member can purchase miles in blocks of 1,000 miles up to 50,000 miles with a maximum purchase of 100,000 miles per calendar year.
- Member must have a minimum of 1,000 award miles in his/her account to be eligible to purchase miles.
- Purchased miles are non-refundable
- Purchased miles cannot be used towards qualifying for a higher membership tier.
- Royal Club reserves the right to change the Miles or Cash values at any time.
Mileage Refund/Change of Date
Award Tickets are non-refundable. However, Award Tickets issued using Royal Club Miles for travel on RJ flights can be exchanged to any of RJ;
The permitted changes are limited to the date, time, route and class of service and subject to extra charges such as taxes, fees, government charges, additional miles, and any other charges incurred as a result in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Award Miles will not expire as long as the member’s membership account is active. In case the member fails to keep his account active by failing to add any accrual, redemption or purchase activity to his/her account for a period of 18 months; the account’s status will be changed to Inactive and all miles will expire.
- RJ shall issue the Member's Activity Statement periodically every 3 months. Member can access the statement online by logging in to his/her membership account at the website.
- Previous Statements will not be accessible once the new statement is issued.
For the purpose of this clause, each of the word “Process”, Processed” and “Processing” shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;
The data personal to a Member (“Data”) which is processed by RJ may include the following:
- Membership data and data containing Membership of other frequent flyer programs.
- Travel-related Data.
- Data supplied by the Member.
- Data collected upon providing services to the Member.
- Data collected when the Member is in contact with RJ or a Partner.
Sources of the data may include Partners, purchases of travel booked for or undertaken by the Member, travel agents, computer reservations system, data processors, agents, contractors and other airlines. For any of the purposes stated in the below paragraph, RJ may link together Data obtained from a number of sources or combine data with data held on other RJ's databases.
Each Member consents to the following:
- his/her data being supplied to Partners, other airlines, data processors, agents, contractors;
- his/her data being transferred to countries whether or not such countries have data protection laws;
- the processing of any sensitive data included in his/her Data (such as data revealing a medical condition or religious belief); and
- the Processing of his/her data which may be made by RJ or by a recipient of Data for the following purposes:
- providing services to Members;
- making changes to services and developing new services;
- providing customer service on RJ's flights and the Airline Partners' flights and / or customer relations, service recovery and assisting RJ and Partners in future dealings with Members;
- accounting and audit, safety and security, fraud prevention and investigation, and systems testing, development and maintenance;
- the management and administration of the Royal Club Program;
- immigration and customs control;
- customer profiling and other marketing and market research analysis;
- communicating to Member information about his/her account, Royal Club Program, including information about Royal Club Program's benefits and products, services or facilities offered by RJ, using any contact details provided by or on behalf of RJ;
- any other purpose which is obvious or is communicated to the Member.
The Member acknowledges and agrees that the Partners may use his / her Data to provide him / her with separate information about their products, services, offers or facilities.
Members are responsible for the security of their online logons and passwords and RJ shall have no liability in the events of a third person online access to the Data and making any transactions. The precedent events shall include but not limited to, the events in which a Member's logon and / or password is disclosed by the Member, whether intentionally or not, so as to allow a third person on line access to the Data and to make any transactions. RJ reserves the right to block online access to Data by or through any third party website not authorized by RJ.
Members must notify RJ immediately and in writing of any changes in mailing address or any relevant information through the Website Pages or through the RJ touchpoints. RJ shall not be responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail.
Termination of Membership
- The Member may at any time terminate his / her Membership by providing RJ with a written notice through the Website Pages or RJ touchpoints stating of his/her willingness to terminate his/her Membership. Upon receiving the written notice, RJ will terminate the relevant Membership and all accumulated Royal Club Miles in the Member Account shall be immediately cancelled. However any such termination does not relieve the Member of any continuing obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Membership will terminate automatically upon the death of a Member, Royal Club Miles and Tier Miles accumulated but unused at the time of death shall be cancelled.
- In addition to any other rights or remedies it may have, RJ reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to terminate the Membership of any Member and/or the right of any Member to use the Membership Card if a Member commits fraud, dishonesty, deceit and / or misconduct whether directly or indirectly. RJ shall write to such Member stating their Membership is being terminated for this reason. RJ may in its discretion suspend such termination and impose a reduction in tier grade and/or remove Royal Club Miles and/or Tier Miles and/or request undertakings in respect of future conduct.
- If a Member commits fraud, dishonesty, deceit and / or misconduct whether directly or indirectly, RJ may cancel all accrued and accruing Royal Club Miles of the Member and any Award tickets.
- The Member shall be liable to RJ and/or any Partner for the full price of any travel undertaken on Award tickets, wholly or partly as a result of such fraud, dishonesty, deceit and / or misconduct whether directly or indirectly, in accordance with the published fare applicable to such travel together with any reasonable costs, including legal fees, incurred by RJ.
- In the event of termination of Membership, Membership Card must be returned to RJ. Furthermore an individual may be required to return any co-branded financial cards to the card issuer. In the event an individual continues to hold a co-branded financial card they will not be entitled to receive any Royal Club Miles or Awards.
- After a period of 18 months of inactivity on the Member Account, RJ reserves the right to deactivate the member’s account and cancel the miles.
- After 12 months of being Inactive, the account status will be changed to dormant.
- RJ reserves the right at any time, with absolute discretion, to refuse or revoke the Membership of any applicant or Member, to disqualify persons from further participation in the Program and/or to cancel all or part of the accumulated Royal Club Miles without incurring any liabilities towards the Members whatsoever.
Modification of Terms & conditions
- RJ may, from time to time and without prior notice, make any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions including but not limited to the right of earning and / or redeeming Royal Club Miles without incurring any liabilities on RJ whatsoever.
- To the extent permissible by local law or regulation, these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Jordan. RJ and each Member shall consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Jordan to settle any dispute that may rise between them.
- In the event that any part of these terms and conditions is, or shall become, or shall be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction for any reason (including the provisions of any legislation or decision of any competent authority) such part shall be severed from these terms and conditions in the jurisdiction in question and such contravention, illegality, invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any way whatsoever prejudice or affect the remaining parts of these terms and conditions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of these terms and conditions and any version or translation of these terms and conditions in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
Members Tax Liabilities
- Each Member shall be solely liable for all taxes, fees, government charges and any other charges incurred as a result of his / her Membership (all being referred to herein as Charge”) and in all events, RJ shall not be held liable for the payment of such charges
Limitation of Liability
- The limitations and exclusions of liability referred to in RJ's General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage will apply in relation to the Award travel on RJ flights.
- Your consent to receive marketing communications is requested when you join the Royal Jordanian Royal Club Program. Such consent may also be given or revoked by you at any time.
What information does Royal Jordanian Royal Club collect?
- Your name, contact details, information requested on the Royal Jordanian Royal Club application form and flight booking details:
- Where you order products, Royal Jordanian will collect your billing information, transaction and credit information;
How does Royal Jordanian use this information?
- Royal Jordanian uses the information collected to help us understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To ensure the efficient running of the Royal Jordanian Royal Club
- To assess what special flight offers and services we can offer you
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- Royal Jordanian may disclose your personal information to our Royal Jordanian Royal Plus partners and other entities for purposes relating to your membership (including providing benefits and services to you) and travel.
- Royal Jordanian' representatives may follow up, either by email, phone, SMS or mail customers who have used this website as a part of Royal Jordanian' customer care procedures
- If you gave your consent to such marketing when you registered as a member or subsequently, Royal Jordanian may periodically send promotional emails or messages about new products, special flight offers or other information, which Royal Jordanian Royal Club thinks you may find interesting, using the email, postal address or via SMS, which you have provided when you registered as a member of Royal Jordanian Royal Club From time to time, Royal Jordanian Royal Club may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. Royal Jordanian may contact you by email, phone, fax, SMS or mail
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as detailed above or where a government or regulatory body or law requires us to do so.
- Royal Jordanian is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, Royal Club has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects on-line.